Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Weekly Wonders: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

I might have mentioned this once or twice on my blog, but I absolutely love Jimmy Fallon. But I'll go more into that later. First off, I love his late night talk show.  If you've never seen it, which would be a surprise, as I mentioned last week it's kind of hard not to see talk shows because they're on so often. But anyway, if you haven't seen it Fallon and his writers are hilarious.  They are so creative and original with their jokes and random skits that they integrate into this sort of traditional institution.  It's interesting because most hosts kind of do their own thing but stick to this tradition. But Jimmy is so unique! And funny! Ah don't even get me started...



Anyway, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon is my weekly wonder this week because it does not get enough credit. Yes there are a lot of talk shows. And yes a lot of them are good too. But people don't see the comedy genius that is happening at 11:35 at night.  Bits such as Wheel of Carpet Samples, Slow Jam the News, The Real Housewives of Late Night, and the famous thank-you notes Jimmy writes every week. The show is so young, and yet it's never safe. It's always trying new ways to find a voice and increase viewers. So maybe it doesn't succeed sometimes, but come on! At least it's not Jay Leno! (Which by the way, that will probably be the last time you ever see my talk about Jay Leno. He's not worthy of this blog.)  

So the show is great. So why is Jimmy Fallon great? He's just one of those people that you have to love.  He's genuinely a good person. But how do I know this? I mean he is an actor, so therefore he must be faking... Well person who thinks every celebrity is shallow, think again! Time and time again I will see guests on the show come on talk about how nice Jimmy is. Not to suck up, but just because they are so impressed with how nice he is.  If you get this impression from people like Ellen Degeneres or President Obama, yocu're not alone. I get these weird vibes from people on television, and it's almost as if I know that they are good people.

I've been following Jimmy Fallon recently. No, I haven't been stalking him. And no not on twitter. I mean I watched a lot of what he did on Saturday Night Live (yes he was on there! doesn't that make you love him more?) and keep tabs on what he does other than Late Night.  A couple years he ago he hosted the Emmy's and that was amazing.  This year his is finally going to host SNL! I am super psyched to see this wonderful Christmas episode, and I literally cannot wait.  In fact, I'm so nerdy that I actually created a countdown to it.


So you're probably wondering, why the heck is she that obsessed with this one man? I'm not obsessed. I just really enjoy what he does and maybe once in awile I get a little too excited when I see him in something.  No matter what though, everyone should go watch Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 11:35 every weekday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment