Sunday, September 25, 2011

Premiere Week #1

The first premiere I watched this week was Pan Am mostly because I was interested in if it was going to good or not.  My first reaction wasn't the greatest.  Right away I made a connection to Mad Men because it's set in a similar time period.  I think networks are trying to mooch off the success of Mad Men and create their own similar shows.  It's kind of like the whole vampire thing that seems to be repeated all throughout entertainment relentlessly.  But ABC isn't the only one, I believe the new show The Playboy Club on NBC is also set in the 60's. When I began watching this show I started to think to myself how the writers were going to make this show interesting.  I think the fact that I had to think that is the first hint that this show isn't that exciting.  Yes, they did set up a plot that may have potential to intrigue people, but I already found myself being slightly confused and uninterested. I also kept asking my mom, who was watching this with me, which character was which because many of the women have similar haircuts and they are all wearing the same uniform. This is just my opinion what I saw from the first episode, but I don't think the show itself will do very well.  If you like Mad Men, you probably won't like this show.  If you've never seen it, then you might. Obviously this is probably an inaccurate generalization, but I'm thinking most people will decide the show itself isn't really worth their time.



Just because I wasn't a fan, doesn't mean you won't be. If you want to watch the first episode it should be on Hulu.com in a few days or check out a new episode every Sunday at 9pm on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment