Saturday, May 19, 2012

Farewell for Now

I can't believe the year is finally ending. I hate when people say this cliché, but it really seems like I started this blog yesterday. I remember being so excited, so ready to regurgitate all the random television knowledge I've been keeping in my brain. I couldn't wait to start watching new shows to rant or rave about them, to offer insight and analysis on why certain shows do well or how they are related to others. To talk about my favorite shows and what they mean to me has honestly been fun. If I hadn't had this blog, I think my friends would've been a lot more annoyed this year. I have gotten to write all my thoughts about television on this blog, exponentially reducing the enthusiastic one-way conversations with my unwilling friends.

I'm going to be honest here and say I will not miss the stressful weekends where I had to fit in blogging. The Sunday nights racking my brain for some kind of topic that would be a sufficient word count were not very fun. But, let me add this: I really did enjoy blogging. While other AP Lang students complained about not being caught up on blogging, I thought to myself "why?" It's the only time we can really express ourselves without worrying about being graded on the content. We can write about whatever we desire. We don't have to worry about a teacher reading and grading it, so we don't need to censor our writing. I was able to write just how I would talk, not having to worry about the formalities that go along with normal writing for various school assignments.

I'd also like to mention that throughout this year I hardly ever got off topic! I'm pretty sure a lot of people ran out of ideas on their blogs and started to talk about things other than what their blog was supposed to. But I didn't! Okay, I did a couple times. But for the most part I have been able to crank out TV topics, whether they were interesting or not.

So this is my last blog post. AP exams are finished, I have a million final projects, finals are just around the corner, and then summer will finally arrive, blessing me with stress-free bliss. I think I'm going to miss this blog. I'm going to miss being forced to write about TV. My mind keeps coming up with new post ideas and I will have no where to put them. Luckily this will always be here, waiting for the time I desperately need to talk about a show finale or a new show I like. We'll see if that actually happens...

 So this is it. It's been a great year, but it's time to say farewell. Good-bye blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment