Friday, December 16, 2011

The Final Countdown


The moment we've all been waiting for is here. Okay... the moment I have been waiting for. Jimmy Fallon is finally hosting Saturday Night Live! After working on the show for 6 years then moving on to his Late Night show, he's finally back! 

Tomorrow night, Fallon will take the prestigious monologue stage for the first time as a host.  Why am I so excited? There are many reasons. First of all, he deserves it. For working on a show that is still fairly new and coming out with material that is original and hilarious at the same time is a hard feat.  But of course with Fallon's natural comedic personality and the combined effort of him and his staff, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon has been doing really well. So well, I have a feeling it will surpass ol' Leno some day. That's just my opinion...

Why else am I ecstatic for this SNL episode? As I mentioned, Fallon is a natural performer.  The fact that his show has been doing well and he hasn't hosted yet blows my mind.  But he's also one of the few "TV personalities" that is legitimate.  His kindness and social ability is not fake like other Late Night hosts. I mean, I know I've never met him, but I've seen countless interviews where guests have raved about how genuinely nice he is.  They are not lying. There is just something about him that is so likable, and when you mix that with hilarious comedy, you get a person very fit to host SNL and get spotlight for his show.

Fallon is also a good writer.  The last few episodes of SNL have been fairly good, but I'm hoping Jimmy can bump it up for an awesome Christmas show. Whether it's his goofy songs sang with a guitar, or his uncanny impersonations, he will definetly be able to spice up the show.  Here is a clip to get us all psyched up for the tomorrow night show, and also a clip of a song I know you are all singing in you heads right now...






No comments:

Post a Comment