Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mid-season Premiere Week #2

There are many shows that are currently getting back into the groove of things. Shows like Downton Abbey, 30 Rock, and most recently The Walking Dead are either getting back into their seasons or just beginning one. I watched a show called Smash that just recently premiered it's pilot on NBC.  I was a little afraid and kind of critical of this show to begin with, mostly because NBC has not been doing well and I was beginning to think the musical show thing was getting old. But Smash surprised me and I think I'll be watching more. Here's why.



Smash is based around a group of Broadway musical producers putting together a new show about Marilyn Monroe. As we follow two main characters who begin write and develop the musical, we also get a glimpse into the the auditioning aspects of putting together a musical. Katherine McPhee plays one of the auditioners and ends up being the only one who doesn't dress up like Marilyn.  Her rival, a girl that looks very similar to Monroe herself, ends up also getting a callback and throughout the season they will end up competing for this iconic role.

This may seem like a lame show or maybe an exciting one, but for me I really enjoyed it.  I had great music, interesting story line, and was put together very well. I'm very interested to see where this story line will go. How long will this audition process be drawn out? What will happen after that? My questions are endless for the future of this show, but for now I will be enjoying the beautiful voices, amazing dancing, and just a great show in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment