Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saying Good-bye

The day has come.  Just last week I blogged about House, a show that has been crawling closer and closer to an end (check out Letting Go... to see the post). It was just made official a day or two ago that season eight (this season) will be the famed show's last.  Because this show has been a favorite of mine for such a long time, and I plan on watching reruns often, I feel it's required of me to send out this amazing show with some quotes and a video to represent its life. Yes, you could say this is House's funeral. Although the last episode hasn't aired yet, I'm saying good-bye.

Memorable "Houseisms":
"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do." (House always said "everybody lies")

"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."

"Tests take time. Treatment's quicker." (In almost every episode House put this ideology into practice)

"Patients sometimes get better. You have no idea why, but unless you give a reason they won't pay you. Anybody notice if there's a full moon? ... let's rule out the lunar god and go from there."

"Saying there appears to be some clotting is like saying there's a traffic jam ahead. Is it a ten-car pile up, or just a really slow bus in the center lane? And if it is a bus, is that bus thrombotic or embolic? I think I pushed the metaphor too far."


"Dying people lie too. Wish they'd worked less, been nicer, opened orphanages for kittens. If you really want to do something, you do it. You don't save it for a sound bite." (Probably my favorite) 


Check out more quotes here.

Video:
This pretty much sums up why I love House so much. This clip will probably make House seem like a total a-hole, and he is for the most part.  That's what makes it so much more interesting. As I slowly uncovered that House actually does care about people and actively tries to hide it, I found the show to portray a much more beautiful and entertaining story than I ever imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment